This past week has been crazy!
My darling daughter gave herself a slight concussion last Tuesday banging her head against one of her LEGO storage containers. So we’ve spent the last few days with no screen time, very limited books, no playing outside, and just quiet activities in general. I’ve been surviving on Jesus and coffee, pretty much.
Allison’s doing just fine now, though! Besides complaining of a light stomach ache, she’s been her usual goofy self and desperately wanting to go outside and run around. So hopefully this will pass soon.
Grocery-wise, this weekend was amazing. I had some gift cards from Swagbucks and Fetch Rewards that I used at Sam’s Club; and when everything was said and done, I realized we looked like cheese addicts. Not only did our Sam’s run mostly consist of cheese, but so did Aldi. Cheese is life though, so I’m not too worried.
Here’s my awesome haul from the weekend:
Mr. Mac’s Grocery Outlet
Bag of 12 Belvita bars: $2.00
Bag of 12 RXBars: $4.00
Russet potatoes, 5-pound bag: $2.49
Romaine hearts: $1.99
Balsamic vinegar: $1.89
Greek yogurt: $2.99
Rice Krispie cereal: $1.19
2 cucumbers: $.49 each
Hummus mini cups: $2.99
Red grapes, 2.06 pounds: $2.04
Bananas, 4.3 pounds: $1.89
2 cans crushed tomatoes: $.65 each
Sliced Provolone: $1.79
2 broccoli crowns: $1.49 each
Roma tomatoes: $.99
Tomato paste: $.39
Cottage cheese: $1.59
Feta cheese: $2.19
Rice cakes: $1.69
Pepper Jack cheese block: $1.49
Oranges, 4-pound bag: $1.99
Chocolate chips: $1.29
Multi-colored peppers: $2.99
Fresh green beans, 1-pound bag: $1.69
Crest Kids toothpaste: $2.59
Eggs: $.59, used a $.25 coupon from the mail
Green onions: $.89
Glutino honey mustard pretzels: Free with a store coupon when I spend $10.00
Three Bakers gluten free bread: $3.99
Extra gum: $2.00, used a $.45 coupon from the mail
7 bags of frozen veggies, 2-pound bags: $1.67 each. Used a $2.00 off coupon when I spend $11.00 on frozen foods.
Shredded cheddar, 5-pound bag: $11.48
Shredded mozzarella, 5-pound bag: $10.48
String cheese: $8.98
Frozen berries, 4-pound bag: $7.98
Lunch is always leftovers. Items marked with an asterisk (*) were purchased in previous weeks.
- The Bomb Italian Sandwiches (On sandwich bread*, using turkey sausages from the freezer*), roasted green beans
- Egg Roll in a Bowl (Using shredded broccoli stalks from the freezer instead of coleslaw mix), rice*, fruit
- Grilled marinated chicken*, Lentil Salad, roasted broccoli
- Broccoli Cheese Baked Potatoes, fruit (Attempting to use cornstarch instead of flour for the cheese sauce)
- Open-faced Italian Sloppy Joes (Using ground turkey from freezer*, using leftover spaghetti sauce from the Italian sandwiches and using leftover hot dog buns from freezer*), frozen veggies
- Mexican Rice and Beans (Black beans in pantry*), roasted potatoes
- French toast casserole from freezer*
- Carrot Pancakes
- Yogurt with frozen berries and Honey Vanilla Granola
- Rice cakes with peanut butter, raisins*, strawberries, string cheese, crackers
- Cucumbers, carrot sticks, and hummus for snacks
- Making Rice Crispy Treats for Allison’s Easter party
What’s on your menu this week? Share in the comments below!