I feel like Summer is officially here!
Not only is it getting MUCH warmer outside, but the Summer produce is on sale. Watermelon, zucchini, strawberries… it’s my favorite time of year to eat healthier because the low prices make it so much easier.
However… with it being so hot soon, I need to be done with my oven and stove. I hate sitting down for dinner and not even wanting to eat because I’m sweating from all the cooking!
Does anyone else completely shut down their oven for the Summer? I’m trying to come up with 40-50 slow cooker/Instant Pot/no cook ideas to last until August.
I’m also thinking about doing a huge freezer breakfast session, where I make a ton of pancakes, egg bakes, oatmeal bakes, etc… that way I can spend an entire month without having to make breakfast, but still have something cooked to eat and not heat the kitchen. Don’t know yet… we’ll see! But I’ll be sure to document it if I do!
Mr. Mac’s Grocery Outlet
I may have gone overboard on the snacks! Really, I was just looking for any new meat to stock up on; but then I ended up with all this. That big bag on the right is a 3-pound bag of frozen cheese tortellini for only $5.00. No label on it, so I’m assuming it’s restaurant-grade.
I got another free bag of snacks with my order, so I now have enough chips to last me a month. And that Boom Chicka Pop Cinnamon Roll Popcorn… that stuff is dangerous. I need to watch out or I might eat the whole bag in one sitting.
Most of my shopping was done at Aldi this weekend! It was pretty cool to see the whole cart full and only spend like $70.00. Lots of their produce was on sale, especially fruit, so we’ll be eating pretty good this week!
We had a couple impulse buys, but nothing huge. Allison found new flavors of yogurt tubes, and we picked a box of individually-bagged cookies to go with a picnic lunch we have planned for this week.
The only reason I sent John to Meijer was because Aldi doesn’t have canned coconut milk. But then I forgot to buy the cheese at Aldi. And I had a coupon for free vinegar. So it worked out in the end!
Total: $91.37. We have about $13.00 left over that I’ll stick in the Sam’s Club fund.
Lunch is always leftovers. Items marked with an asterisk (*) were purchased in previous weeks.
- Small Group- Making a huge salad (Lettuce, tomatoes, bell peppers, avocado, corn chips, shredded cheese)
- Tortellini with homemade spaghetti sauce, chicken sausages*, frozen broccoli
- Crack Chicken Bowl with leftover salad mix, quinoa*, roasted cauliflower
- Chickpea Curry, rice*, frozen stir fry vegetables
- Ground turkey quesadillas* (Turkey in freezer and I have leftover tortillas), roasted zucchini
- Deli sandwiches/wraps, frozen broccoli, fruit
- Breakfast bowls (Scrambled eggs, turkey sausage patties*, frozen hash browns, zucchini, shredded cheese*)
- Yogurt parfaits (Yogurt, granola*, diced apples or frozen blueberries*)
- Peach Cobbler Dump Cake I made for a game night John went to
What’s on your menu this week? Share below in the comments!