We just came out of an incredibly busy weekend! I ran the Air Force Half Marathon on Saturday (You can see pictures on Instagram here!) and pretty much went straight to church after my shower to volunteer for the weekend. And a bit of meal prep on Sunday- Double Chocolate Spinach Banana Muffins, and baked eggs for breakfast sandwiches. I’m ready to get back into my routine again!
I have two favorite buys from this weekend: One is the Pumpkin Spice Crispy Oats from Aldi, which we just LOVE. I may need to stock up. Second are the Chobani drinkable yogurts. I love it when foods have coupons on them; especially when they’re marked down and you can get them for FREE. Best Kroger trip in awhile!
I’m utilizing my pantry and freezer for a lot of our meals this week. Part of our problem (A good problem, mind you) is that some of our dinners make 6-8 servings. Allison never really touches them, so it feeds me and John for a few days, which is nice. But then add another couple dinners that ALSO make 6-8 servings, and suddenly we need another leftover night; so that means one of our dinners gets pushed into the next week. I’m totally fine with that, because it saves us some money!
As usual, here’s a disclaimer about my $30 weekly menus:
- I’ve lowered our grocery budget by choice. We’ve chosen not to pursue food assistance from the government.
- My pantry contains essentials such as rice, pasta, peanut butter, and baking items, as well as a little meat in the freezer. You may not be able to recreate this menu for $30 as I’m not exactly starting from scratch every week.
- I’m buying whole foods as much as possible- I won’t be perfect, but I’ll do what I can with the money we have.
- My menu may have more vegetarian meals, or just less meat in general- But I still aim to keep my diet high-protein due to my workouts, which is why you’ll see lots of Greek yogurt, eggs, and cottage cheese.
Mini bagels: $1.69
Bananas, 4.03 pounds: $1.53
Green grapes, 2.02 pounds: $1.80
Vanilla extract: $3.55
Crushed tomatoes: $.79
Tomato paste: $.39
Pumpkin Crispy Oats: $1.99, I was super excited to see these!
Colgate toothpaste: $1.00
2 bags frozen broccoli: $1.00 each
Sweet potatoes, 3-pound bag: $1.00
Total: $4.07, and received a coupon for $2.00 off my next order
ALL Laundry detergent: $.99
2 Chobani yogurt drinks: $.49 each, marked down
- Used 2 $.50/1 coupons that were on the drinks, making them free!
Sour cream: $1.25
Stoneyfield yogurt pouch: Free from Free Friday Download
Mentos gum: Free from Free Friday Download
Epic bar: Free from Free Friday Download
Weekly Total: $28.92. Not included above was parchment paper purchased at Dollar Tree. I still have a $2.00 overage that will carry over into next week.
Lunch is always leftovers. Items marked with an asterisk (*) were purchased in previous weeks.
Corn chowder from freezer* (Didn’t make it last week)
Chicken Parmesan Meatball Casserole from freezer*
Small group- Making Cheddar Biscuits
Lentil Sloppy Joes* (Lentils in pantry, using a package of Sandwich Thins from freezer as buns), frozen veggies, fruit
Black bean* quesadillas, roasted sweet potatoes
Egg and cheese* sandwiches on English muffins* (In freezer)
Double Chocolate Spinach Banana Muffins, cheese*, strawberries, Goldfish*
What’s on your menu this week? Share in the comments below!