Make dinnertime a snap with this One Pot Cheesy Pasta! It’s creamy, cheesy, and is done in less than 30 minutes!
Let’s admit it: We all get busy. But we still have to eat, right?
I have ADHD, and I have to put a plan in place for the day or else nothing gets done. And the decision fatigue is real, so having all the decisions already made really helps.
When it comes time to making dinner, especially on busy weeknights, my brain is usually drained and it’s hard to cook something elaborate. That’s why I love one-pot meals, because I can just throw everything in and cook. Plus, it means easy clean up and can be on the dinner table in less than 30 minutes!
This One Pot Cheesy Pasta is basically a fancy way of saying “macaroni and cheese”. It has a combination of 3 kinds of cheeses and is creamy, gooey, and delicious! It’s made with simple ingredients and will quickly become a family favorite. I mean, it’s cheesy pasta.
Scroll to the bottom of the post to get to the recipe card. Or keep reading for more tips and tricks!
- Pasta (I used penne pasta)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper
- Meat: Feel free to add ground beef, ground turkey, or some kind of Italian sausage or smoked sausage
- Vegetables: Cook some onion and bell pepper before adding the other ingredients
- Other seasonings: Onion powder, red pepper flakes
- Other pasta: Elbow macaroni, rotini, shells, bowtie pasta
How to make
In a large pot, add pasta, milk, water, garlic powder, paprika, and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
Once it comes to a boil, reduce to medium heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally while the pasta cooks so it doesn’t stick to the bottom.
Remove from heat and stir in the cheeses until fully combined.
Divide into 4 bowls and serve with your favorite sides.
How to store
Once this has cooled to room temperature, store in an airtight container in the fridge. Use up within 3-5 days.
The next day, this will end up being pretty thick. You can thin it with a little water or chicken broth before reheating.
What to serve with this
This is already a good source of carbs and protein, so I suggest adding vegetable side dishes to it! This could be a simple green salad, or maybe some steamed broccoli or green beans. Or use some of your other favorite veggies.
If you’re feeling particularly carb-y, you could add a side of garlic bread.
Other one pot recipes
Looking for more one-pot or one-pan meals to add to your rotation? Check out the posts below for more ideas and maybe you’ll find a new favorite!
This easy one-pot dinner is full of cheesy goodness and has quickly become a favorite in our household! Print this recipe now:
- 8 ounces pasta, any kind
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups broth or water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, add pasta, milk, water, garlic powder, paprika, and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Once it comes to a boil, reduce to medium heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally while the pasta cooks so it doesn't stick to the bottom.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheeses until fully combined.
- Divide into 4 bowls and serve with your favorite sides.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 475Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 610mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 27g
Jaime is a Nutrition Coach and professional writer. She enjoys cooking easy meals, running, and learning more about food.
Jaime specializes in helping women with ADHD learn to meal plan and cook healthier meals without getting overwhelmed.