Looking for the perfect holiday or weekend breakfast? This bread machine Cinnamon Raisin Bread will not disappoint!
So, I’ve made cinnamon rolls using a bread machine before. But I don’t know why I’ve never thought about making cinnamon bread! I don’t know if any of you live near a Wegmans, but when we used to travel to New York to visit John’s family, his grandmother would always keep some of the Wegmans brand cinnamon bread in the fridge for us to eat. That’s when I fell in love, and every time we traveled up there, I had to buy a loaf or two to take home with us.
Apparently they don’t make that bread anymore, which makes me super sad, but I found this recipe and thought I’d give it a try. I added raisins just because, and oh my goodness. I do believe this bread tastes even better than Wegmans’. It’s soft, sweet, and tastes great both fresh out of the oven and cold from being in the fridge.
The best part is, this makes TWO loaves, so you can share it or… just eat more of it like I do. Definitely make this bread machine cinnamon raisin bread soon, because you don’t know what you’re missing!
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar (or Stevia)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- Add the first seven ingredients in the bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Set it to Dough cycle.
- Add the raisins when the bread machine beeps to add any mix-ins (Or add the raisins with the previous ingredients if your bread machine doesn't have that function.
- When the dough is finished, place it on a floured surface and knead a few times. Cut dough in half and roll both pieces into a thin rectangle.
- Mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of butter on each rectangle, then sprinkle the cinnamon/brown sugar mixture on top.
- Roll the dough into loaf shapes and pinch the edges together. Place each loaf in a greased loaf pan, cover, and let rise for at least 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.