Bread is definitely my weakness! Give me a big slice of homemade bread and I’m the happiest girl in the world. And the fact that the bread machine is so easy to use just gives me more excuses to make bread! I found this jalapeno cheese bread recipe and tweaked it to what I had on hand. This would taste amazing with a cream cheese spread!
What you need:
Flour (I used all-purpose flour instead of bread flour and it turned out great!
Shredded cheddar cheese
Add all ingredients into your bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. I used the “Large Light” setting, which took 3 hours.
When it’s finished, carefully take out the insert and shake upside down onto a cooling rack.
The only bad thing about the bread machine is that my loaves of bread are very oddly shaped. Tall and skinny, which makes it hard to cut into pieces. However, that just means I get a big chunk of bread to eat! Let it cool fully before cutting into it.
This picture doesn’t do it justice. The jalapenos got diced really small, but the taste is there! Let me know what you think!
- 3 cups bread flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced jalapeno peppers
- Place all ingredients in your bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Set the bread machine on the "Basic" or "Large Light" function. Check after 5 minutes and add either flour or water a tablespoon at a time if the dough is too wet or dry. Let the bread bake right in the bread machine.
- When the loaf finishes baking, let sit for about 10 minutes before turning it onto a cooling rack to cool completely.