Need an easy cookie recipe for the holidays? These M&M cookies make a ton- and you can freeze the cookie dough to bake for later!
Day 1 of my 25 Days of Freezer Meals will help you get ready for the busy holiday season. How? By pre-making your Christmas cookies!
How many of you spend long days in the kitchen stirring, baking, baking some more, when you barely have time for it all? This is totally me. I love to cook for people, but sometimes I try to do too much in one day and get stressed out.
But I realized a really cool fact that changed my life: You can FREEZE cookie dough!
Yes! You can make your cookie dough ahead of time, freeze the little dough balls, and bake them whenever you’re ready. FROM FROZEN.
This really saved me a couple years ago when I made the crazy decision to bake 4 different kinds of cookies to give away. I made the dough a couple batches at a time and froze them, and just had a huge baking session another day.
Minimal mess, minimal cleanup, minimal stress.
I want you to experience that too, which is why these M&M cookies are the first recipe you can make during my challenge in December.
How do you freeze these M&M cookies?
Prepare the recipe as normal and scoop the dough onto one or two cookie sheets (You should get 48 cookies). Then instead of baking, put them in the freezer until the dough is completely frozen. Place them in a labeled gallon-sized freezer bag, and that’s it!
Can you bake the cookies first, then freeze?
Sure! After you bake them, let them cool completely. Put them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and make sure the cookies aren’t touching. Once those are frozen, you can put them in the freezer bag!
These cookies are slightly different from your standard chocolate chip cookies, making them a nice treat- and you can use the red and green M&Ms for a special Christmas theme!
Want more freezer-friendly recipes? Visit my 25 Days of Freezer Meals page for the entire list!a Rafflecopter giveaway
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups M&Ms
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and both sugars and mix until completely creamed together.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix for another 30 seconds.
- Slowly add the flour, then the baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add the milk and mix, then add the M&Ms and slowly mix.
- Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon, scoop the cookie dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, making sure the dough has just a little space between each other.
- Place in the freezer. Once completely frozen, transfer to a labeled gallon-size freezer bag and keep frozen until ready to bake.
- Bake, from frozen, at 350 degrees for 8-12 minutes, checking every minute after 8 minutes until the edges are slightly golden.