This Slow Cooker Meatloaf makes two loaves and can be put into the freezer uncooked! A perfect winter dinner when you have no time to cook!
What’s the best part about a slow cooker?
The fact that you can put dinner in and forget about it for 6-8 hours.
We get super busy sometimes. And even if we work full time, we still need to feed our family, right?
The second recipe in my 25 Days of Freezer Meals series is Slow Cooker Meatloaf. I don’t know about you, but we don’t eat meatloaf often. It seems like too “fancy” of a meal to just whip up, which sounds kind of crazy now that I think about it.
But I can get down with this meatloaf recipe. First of all, you freeze it ahead of time. Uncooked. That means in only 15 minutes, I can make TWO meatloafs (meatloaves?) and stick them in freezer bags for later.
Second, you cook this thing frozen! Yes, just place the meatloaf in your slow cooker, cover it in ketchup, and cook it for 8 hours.
What can you serve with meatloaf?
I typically make mashed potatoes or macaroni and cheese, depending on my mood and how much time I want to take. Dinner rolls are also a huge hit, and you can roast some broccoli or carrots for your veggie.
How long will it last in the freezer?
Freezer meals typically stay fresh up to 3 months. It’s totally safe to eat after that, as long as the meal’s been completely frozen. We’ve eaten freezer meals a year later and it’s still tasted fine. Keep your meals in the back or bottom of your freezer so they don’t get freezer burnt when you constantly open and close the door.
Make up a quick batch of this meatloaf now during the winter months; that way you’ll always have a comfort dinner in your freezer!
If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out the other recipes in my 25 Days of Freezer Meals series!a Rafflecopter giveaway
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/3 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup BBQ sauce or ketchup (For cooking)
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients using a wooden spoon or your hands.
- Separate the mixture into two equal pieces and shape them into loaves. Carefully place each one in a labeled gallon-size freezer bag and place in the freezer. Put them on a cookie sheet to keep the bottoms formed.
- To cook from frozen, place one meatloaf in the slow cooker and pour one cup of BBQ sauce or ketchup on top, then cook on LOW for 8 hours.