Looking for an easy way to fill your freezer this year?
These freezer friendly meatballs are super easy to make, and the basic recipe means you can use them for just about anything! Add them to spaghetti sauce, BBQ sauce, or even turn them into Swedish meatballs. In theory, you could have meatballs for dinner a couple times a week and not get bored.
This simple recipe also means you can double the amount and freeze half with no extra effort! Just bake them like usual and put them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, then lay the sheet in the freezer. Once they’re frozen, place them in a labeled freezer bag and just take them out to thaw the night before you want to use them!
Want to know how I make every meatball the same size? A food scale is my best friend! I didn’t actually start using it until AFTER I lost my baby weight, but now I use it religiously for everything. Peanut butter, yogurt, fruit… you’d be amazed at how inaccurate we can be at measuring quantities ourselves. All I do is place a bowl on the scale and add all the meatball ingredients, and see how much it weighs in grams. I then divide that number by 12, the number of meatballs this makes, and that will tell me how big each meatball needs to be! I put each meatball I make on a plate to make sure it’s accurate by a few grams, and they turn out perfect.
This is my ultimate go-to recipe for freezer meatballs. Try them and let me know what you think!
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the ground beef, bread crumbs, italian seasoning, egg, and salt and pepper.
- Roll the mixture into 12 meatballs and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the meatballs are fully cooked.
- To freeze, place the cooked meatballs on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and put in the freezer. Once fully frozen, place them in a labeled freezer bag.