Yes, you can make your own pizza bagels for the freezer! Have an easy pizza night with your favorite toppings in 15 minutes or less!
Isn’t it cool how you can turn anything into pizza?
Tomato sauce, Alfredo sauce, taco sauce, buffalo sauce.
Pizza dough, English muffins, bagels, tortillas, even regular sandwich bread.
You name it, we’ve probably done it at some point. And tragically, Allison won’t eat any pizza that doesn’t come from a takeout box.
All tears aside, I still try to make pizza in different ways to get her to eat it. One of my favorite ways to eat homemade pizza is Bagel Pizza.
They’re easy to make; just throw on some toppings and broil them in your oven or toaste oven. You’ve got a delicious dinner in 15 minutes!
And here’s the best part: You can make Bagel Pizzas ahead of time and put them in the freezer! I’d never done it until recently, but I can tell it’ll save time on busy weeknights.
What can you put on Bagel Pizzas?
Anything you would put on a regular pizza, you can put on bagel pizza! Our standard toppings are just pepperoni and mozzarella cheese; but if you have leftover meat or veggies from a previous dinner, you can add those to re-purpose food that would otherwise go to waste.
The thing about the bagels though, is that they won’t hold a ton of toppings. I usually like to pile mine high with veggies, but they’d all fall off my bagel once frozen. Simple and less is best!
How do you freeze Bagel Pizzas?
Lay the bagels on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, or a cooling rack. Once you’ve added your toppings, carefully place the cookie sheet in the freezer until your bagels are completely frozen.
I ended up using 3 gallon-size freezer bags because my bagels were huge; but I was able to put 4 bagel halves in each bag, face-up and laying flat. Stack the bags carefully, then put back flat in the freezer until you’re ready to use.
Some of the toppings may fall off, but that’s okay! Before you freeze, try squishing everything down a little and that tends to help.
When it’s time to cook, either thaw overnight or toast/broil from frozen. You can use your regular oven or a toaster oven. The time will vary depending on whether the bagels are frozen or not; but start at 400 degrees for 4-7 minutes and make sure the bagels get crispy.
I can’t wait to eat these! These are going to be a huge hit, and I’m sure they will be for your family as well!
Looking for other freezer meals? Check out the other posts in my 25 Days of Freezer Meals series!
- 6 bagels, halved
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 package mini pepperonis (Regular work fine too)
- (Optional) Other favorite pizza toppings
- Lay the bagels flat on a cookie sheet lined with either parchment paper or a cooling rack.
- Using a spoon, spread the pizza sauce evenly over the bagels.
- Top with 1-2 tablespoons mozzarella, then the mini pepperonis. I didn't count them, but I used almost the whole bag.
- Place the bagels in the freezer until completely frozen, then transfer to 3 gallon-size freezer bags. Lay the bags flat back into the freezer.
- When ready to eat, thaw overnight or bake from frozen. Bake at 400 degrees for 4-7 minutes and check periodically to see if the bagels are crisp and the cheese has melted.