Need an easy Asian weeknight dish? This Chicken Stir Fry can be frozen ahead of time for a quick dinner! Serve with rice or favorite noodles!
This freezer meal is almost too easy.
I mean, you add some cubed chicken to a bag with a sauce and already-frozen vegetables. What’s the point if it’s so simple?
Well, my view is: Anything that makes my life easier is worth doing. And if pre-cutting raw chicken ahead of time makes my meal time easier, so be it.
This Freezer Chicken Stir Fry is similar to the Teriyaki Chicken I posted earlier. It has a different sauce and different veggies, but same concept. This time, though, you cook everything on the stovetop.
I’m also treating this more as fried rice rather than just a topping to go on rice. I can see this recipe having pre-cooked rice added in, and then some scrambled eggs mixed in as well. It’s more like a glorified fried rice, right?
Can you switch out the vegetables in this Chicken Stir Fry?
Sure! I used a 12-ounce bag of frozen stir fry veggies, but you can add whatever you want. Adding already-frozen vegetables would be easier, but if you know how to blanch vegetables you can use raw. I’ve never blanched veggies before but here’s a short guide to help you!
Do you need to cook the chicken first?
All you need to do is cut up the raw chicken and add it to the bag uncooked. That’s it! You can cook the chicken if you want, but letting it marinade in the sauce will add more flavor.
Do you have to add the vegetables to the bag?
If you want to leave the vegetables separate and just freeze the chicken and sauce, that’s fine! Adding the veggies towards the end of the chicken’s cooking time will make them a little more crisp, so do that if that’s what you prefer.
Want more freezer meal ideas? Check out the other recipes in my 25 Days of Freezer Meals series!
- 1 pound raw chicken breast
- 1 12-ounce bag frozen stir fry vegetables
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- (Optional) A few shakes of red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cooked rice (For cooking day)
- (Optional) 4 eggs, scrambled, to add to the chicken (For cooking day)
- Cube the raw chicken into small pieces, then add to a labeled gallon-sized freezer bag.
- Add all other ingredients to the bag (except rice and eggs) and seal and lay flat. Place in the freezer until ready to cook.
- On cooking day, let the bag thaw slightly to break everything up, then add to a large pan and cook until the chicken is fully cooked. Serve on rice or noodles of choice.
- (Optional) Add cooked rice and scrambled eggs to the cooked chicken and vegetables to make a fried rice.
You can freeze the chicken and vegetables separate if desired. On cooking day, add the vegetables to the pan once the chicken is almost fully cooked to make the vegetables more crisp.