A quick freezer meal option, this Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken is a dump and cook dinner with few ingredients and is delicious with rice!
Some of my favorite kinds of freezer meals are called “dump meals”.
This is when you put all sorts of ingredients in a freezer bag, then just “dump” everything into your slow cooker when you’re ready to cook.
This can save you so much time during freezer prep sessions, because it takes maybe 10 minutes to chop vegetables and fill a bag.
This Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken is one of those easy dump meals. You don’t have to cook the chicken first- just put the raw meat in the freezer bag and add the vegetables and sauce. Don’t worry about cross-contamination, because once it all cooks together it’s safe to eat. I do it all the time!
What else can you add to Chicken Teriyaki?
This recipe uses just onions and carrots. However, you can add whatever else you want! Zucchini, broccoli, water chestnuts, sugar snap peas… they all would go well in this recipe. Or if you want to be easy about it, buy a bag of frozen stir fry veggies and either add it to the freezer bag or toss it in the slow cooker when you’re ready to cook.
What do you serve with this recipe?
Once you’ve finished cooking this, you can serve with rice, lo mein noodles, cauliflower rice, extra veggies… whatever suits your fancy. I usually keep brown rice at home and make it in my rice cooker, but I’m thinking about buying some Jasmine rice and keeping it for my Asian dishes.
This is one of those meals you can also double or triple very easily. Spend a Sunday afternoon prepping bags of freezer meals and you won’t have to worry about dinner for awhile!
Looking for more freezer meal ideas? Check out the other recipes in my 25 Days of Freezer Meals series!
- 1 pound raw chicken breasts
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups sliced carrots (Baby or regular)
- 1 can pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- Cooked rice (On the day of cooking)
- Add all ingredients to a gallon-sized freezer bag and label with the recipe name and cooking instructions. Place flat in the freezer until ready to use.
- Thaw in the fridge overnight and cook in your slow cooker on LOW for 6 hours until the chicken is fully cooked. Cube the chicken and serve with rice or grain of choice.