Need a high protein breakfast to get through your morning? This Blueberry Protein Shake is sweet, filling, and easy to make!
Honestly, sometimes it can be hard to get in all the healthy foods I need in a day.
I get busy and don’t always have time to make a full meal, so I like having easy ideas ready to go.
Smoothies are a great way to start my morning because they can be quick to put together, especially if you prep them ahead of time! And as a post-workout drink, they taste SO good and can help me recover.
This Blueberry Protein Shake has plenty of protein thanks to the Greek yogurt and protein powder. It’s sweet, refreshing, made with simple ingredients, and makes a great addition to your busy day!
Scroll to the bottom of the post to get to the recipe card to this healthy smoothie. Or keep reading to find more ways to customize this smoothie!
Health benefits of smoothies
Not only are smoothies fun to drink, but they’re good for you in so many ways:
- They help boost energy due to all the vitamins
- They hydrate you, as smoothies are mostly liquid
- They improve digestion thanks to the fiber in the fruits/vegetables
- They help you get in more fruits and veggies! This is one of my favorite ways to do so.
- They can help with weight loss because smoothies can keep you full longer!
What protein powder works best?
This is a very individualized decision, because there are SO many types and they affect everyone differently.
For example, whey protein messes with my stomach so I have to use a plant-based protein powder. My favorite protein powder brand is Orgain! It works well with my body, it’s not grainy like other powders, and they have a lot of different flavor combinations without a lot of extra sugars.
Honestly, the best protein is the one that works best for you! There are lots of options at the grocery store, so find one you like best.
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Vanilla protein powder (I used pumpkin spice here because that’s all I had, but it was really good!)
- Flax seeds
- Blueberries- High in Vitamin C. If you use frozen blueberries, you can use less ice!
- Greek yogurt- For added protein!
- Liquid: Feel free to use another dairy-free milk like oat milk, cashew milk, coconut milk, or soy milk.
- Chia seeds: Another healthy fat
- Frozen banana: For an extra creamy smoothie
- Other fresh fruit
How to make
In a high-speed blender, add all of the ingredients.
Blend for 30-60 seconds until everything is fully blended.
Pour into your favorite glass or Mason jar and enjoy!
Other smoothie recipes
These are a few of my favorite smoothies! They make a healthy breakfast and all have easy ingredients!
- Peanut Butter Green Smoothie
- Pineapple Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Chocolate Coffee Smoothie
Whether it’s an easy breakfast or an afternoon snack, this Blueberry Protein Smoothie is an excellent addition to your day! Print the recipe now:
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup ice
- In a high-speed blender, add all of the ingredients.
- Blend for 30-60 seconds until everything is fully blended.
- Pour into your favorite glass and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 328Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 106mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 7gSugar: 19gProtein: 40g