This Tropical Pineapple Smoothie has 4 ingredients and makes a delicious Summer breakfast or snack! Sweet and full of protein!
It’s that time of year again! During the Summer months, I like to experiment with smoothies and try new flavors. They’re really the perfect hot-weather snack because they can help hydrate you when you forget to drink enough water.
I also like easy recipes that I can just throw together. The fewer ingredients, the better.
This pineapple banana smoothie has delicious tropical flavors, a creamy texture, and a good combination of tropical fruits and protein. Both of which are filling and good for you!
Scroll to the bottom of the post to print the recipe card. Or keep reading for extra tips and tricks!
Why smoothies are good for you
If you make them the right way, smoothies can have so many great health benefits:
- They have lots of vitamins, including Vitamin C. Adding fresh fruit not only adds dietary fiber, but can help boost your immune system!
- They make a quick breakfast, especially if you prep the ingredients ahead of time. Eating breakfast can help you think better and help you make healthier decisions!
- They’re super hydrating, which is helpful in the Summer heat! Usually a liquid is the main ingredient, so this can help keep you from getting dehydrated.
- They’re a great way to add vegetables! Veggies like spinach and carrots don’t add flavor but can boost the nutrition.
This healthy pineapple smoothie only has a handful of ingredients, a great way to get your smoothie quickly!
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Fresh banana
- Pineapple chunks
- Greek yogurt
Optional add-ins and substitutions
Some of these tips can be used for other types of smoothies as well!
- Other non-dairy milks like soy milk, coconut milk, oat milk, or cashew milk
- Use vanilla yogurt instead of plain, or another type of dairy-free yogurt to make a dairy-free smoothie
- Use fresh pineapple instead of canned
- Use frozen fruit so you don’t have to use ice cubes! Frozen banana and frozen pineapple work really well.
- Add a little pineapple juice for extra flavor
- Add chia seeds for some extra healthy fats and fiber
- Protein powder: A scoop of vanilla protein powder would boost the flavor and protein for sure!
How to make
In a high-speed blender, add all ingredients preferably in this order: Almond milk, Greek yogurt, banana, pineapple, and ice.
Blend until the ice is fully blended or into small pieces, and the smoothie is creamy, about 30-60 seconds.
Pour into your favorite glass and enjoy!
Other smoothie recipes
Looking for another delicious smoothie recipe to get you through the Summer? Here are some of my favorite smoothies made with simple ingredients!
This creamy smoothie can be a great start to your Summer mornings! Print this easy Pineapple Smoothie recipe now:
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup ice cubes
- In a high-speed blender, add all ingredients preferably in this order: Almond milk, Greek yogurt, banana, pineapple, and ice.
- Blend until the ice is fully blended and the smoothie is creamy, about 30-60 seconds.
- Pour into your favorite glass and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 351Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 56mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 6gSugar: 54gProtein: 15g