This post was written on behalf of HORMEL® NATURAL CHOICE®. I received free product in exchange for this post.
Some of my favorite breakfasts include scrambled eggs and veggies. It’s pretty easy to throw together in the mornings, especially if you have most of the the vegetables already chopped and prepped. The finished result is also huge because of the extra bulk the veggies add, so you’re eating a lot more and feeling full while still being healthy.
My new favorite addition to my scrambled eggs? Sweet potatoes. Full of carbs and vitamins, which is what this runner needs. Eggs by themselves don’t do much to fill me up; but add sweet potatoes and I’m full for hours! I discovered this deliciousness recently so I wanted to share my Bacon Sweet Potato Egg Scramble with you today.
It really helps if you prep a lot of this beforehand, like on a Sunday afternoon when you’re doing your other meal prep anyway.
Chop your vegetables, cook your bacon on the stove, and roast the sweet potatoes in the oven: After washing the sweet potatoes, just cut them in half and roast at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes. It’s super easy! Once that’s finished, you’ll have all the ingredients for your week of breakfasts.
Ever since I started my journey of healthier eating a few years ago, I’ve been paying more attention to the food we eat. Granted, we still eat chips, candy, and boxed mac and cheese- but we balance it out by eating mostly whole foods that I know give us the nutrients that we need.
Now that I’m running (and always have a half-marathon coming up!), I really need to make sure that most of the food I eat is good for me and will help me perform better. I tend to pay more attention to ingredients now, and try to buy foods that are as close to its natural state as possible.
HORMEL® NATURAL CHOICE® Bacon is minimally processed and contains no artificial ingredients. When I was asked to try it, I jumped at the chance because, well, it’s bacon. Seeing as how it’s my last name, I feel like this was made for me. And it does not disappoint!
The bacon by itself is delicious; but adding it to my egg scramble brings on a whole new flavor. It’s smoky, it’s crispy, it’s everything I expect bacon to be. It makes a wonderful addition to my breakfast! What’s your favorite way to add bacon to your morning meals?
- 2 eggs (with a dash of milk for scrambling)
- 1 small sweet potato, halved and roasted
- 2 slices HORMEL® NATURAL CHOICE® Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- (Optional) Vegetables of your choice: Handful of spinach, 1/4 cup each of shredded zucchini, chopped mushrooms, chopped bell peppers
- (Optional) Cheese: I like using a Laughing Cow cheese wedge but 1/4 cup shredded cheese would work as well
- Whisk together the eggs and milk, and scramble in a heated pan. Add cheese and veggies at this time, if desired.
- When the eggs are fully cooked, serve on top of a roasted sweet potato and crumble bacon on top.