Have an easy dinner on the table quickly! This 3-Ingredient Caesar Chicken is made in the slow cooker and is creamy and delicious!
On busy weeknights, I love having something simmering in the slow cooker ready to pull out for dinner.
I work from home, but I still find it hard to prepare dinner sometimes. I teach fitness classes at night, we have church… so we need meals that are quick and easy!
This Slow Cooker Caesar Chicken has only 3 simple ingredients and is ready with a short prep time. You can turn this delicious meal into sandwiches, or put it on a salad or bowl!
Scroll to the bottom of the post to get to the recipe card, or keep reading for extra tips and tricks!
A great meal prep recipe
If you’re super busy (Like me!) and need some quick lunches, this is one of those great recipes that is meal prep friendly.
Prep some Mason jar salads and add the chicken. Or divide them into separate containers and use as sandwiches.
A little bit of meal prep can go a long way with giving you healthy meals throughout the week. Add this to your weekly meal prep rotation!
Is this healthy?
If you’re trying to focus more on healthy eating this year, you’re probably more careful about what you eat.
In terms of nutrition facts, each portion has 32 g protein! A typical person needs 50-100 grams of protein per day, so this will help you get there easily.
The one ingredient you can work around is the Caesar dressing. That has the majority of the calories; so you can either use less dressing or use a brand that has fewer calories, like Bolthouse Farms. It’s all up to your personal preference!
Boneless skinless chicken breast
Caesar dressing– Any of your favorite brands will work! I love the Bolthouse Farms brand; they make a creamy Caesar dressing.
Parmesan cheese– I used grated cheese this time, but shredded Parmesan cheese works just as well!
Spices: The Caesar dressing has a lot of flavor, but you can add any extra seasonings. Garlic powder, parsley, salt, black pepper, etc.
Chicken: Instead of using boneless chicken breasts, you can use chicken thighs for a bit more fat and flavor.
How to make
In the bottom of a slow cooker, add the chicken breast and pour Caesar dressing on top.
Cook on LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for 3 hours until the chicken is fully cooked (Should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F).
Take out the chicken and shred, then add back to the slow cooker. Add the cheese and stir to combine.
Divide and serve on salads, on sandwiches, or in another preferred way.
How to store
Store any leftover chicken in an airtight container. For best results, eat it within 3-5 days.
What to serve with this
What I love about this easy dinner recipe is it can be used in so many different ways! Here are some of my favorites:
- On toasted hamburger buns as sandwiches
- In a Chicken Caesar Salad with my favorite salad toppings, and garlic bread. To save time, you can also buy a Caesar salad kit and have an easy dinner!
- In a Buddha bowl with rice, lettuce, tomato, extra Parmesan, and a little extra Caesar dressing
- Mixed with your favorite pasta, extra Parmesan, and extra dressing. Maybe throw a little lettuce in there too! This actually sounds delicious and I might make it this way next time.
Other Chicken Recipes
Need another easy chicken recipe for dinner tonight? Check out some of my favorites!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup prepared Caesar dressing
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In the bottom of a slow cooker, add the chicken breast and pour Caesar dressing on top.
- Cook on LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for 3 hours until the chicken is fully cooked (Should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F).
- Take out the chicken and shred, then add back to the slow cooker. Add the cheese and stir to combine.
- Divide and serve on salads, on sandwiches, or in another preferred way.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 296Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 636mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 32g
Jaime is a Nutrition Coach and professional writer. She enjoys cooking easy meals, running, and learning more about food.
Jaime specializes in helping women with ADHD learn to meal plan and cook healthier meals without getting overwhelmed.