Is anyone else here obsessed with sriracha sauce? I heard a lot of people raving about it, so I had to buy some to see for myself. I was instantly hooked! It’s spicy, but has a lot of great flavor. I found this recipe here and John and I loved it! If you’re looking for a new way to make quesadillas, try this recipe for sriracha chicken quesadillas.
Start with a bowl of shredded chicken. I took about 1.5 pounds and cooked it in my slow cooker, then shredded it using my Kitchen Aid mixer! Add the sriracha sauce and sour cream. The original recipe called for 1/3 cup, but that wasn’t nearly enough for me. My food has to be dripping in sauce!
Spoon about a half cup of the chicken mixture on a tortilla shell, then top with cheese.
My favorite way to make quesadillas is using my George Foreman grill. Seriously, it’s so easy. Just fold the quesadilla over (or put a second tortilla on top however you decide to make it), lower the lid, and let it cook for 2-3 minutes. No flipping or anything! It comes out totally perfect. Then just cut it in half or quarters and serve immediately!
- 1-1.5 pounds chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1/3 cup or more sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Tortilla shells
- Shredded cheddar cheese (about 1/4 cup per quesadilla)
- Mix together the sriracha sauce and sour cream with the shredded chicken.
- Place about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture into a tortilla shell, then the cheese.
- Cook using desired method for 2-3 minutes until both sides of the tortilla are slightly brown.