This Spinach and Mozzarella Egg Bake is one of my favorite go-to breakfast recipes.
It’s incredibly easy to make, with only 3 main ingredients, and isn’t too bad for you health-wise!
Nowadays, when I look for a breakfast item, it needs to be high in protein, and eggs are one of the cheapest protein sources for breakfast.
I’ve been getting a dozen eggs for between $.59 and $.89 cents recently, so you know I’ve been buying and eating a ton!
If you find this isn’t quite enough food for breakfast (When I do my morning workouts, it usually isn’t), grab an English muffin or banana to round it out. That’s usually enough for me!
I’ve even added a roll of ground sausage to this recipe and that makes it amazing and keeps me full for quite awhile.
Plus you get your veggies in early on, which is always a plus! Enjoy this delicious breakfast!
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly oil a frying pan and saute the spinach until mostly wilted. Spread the spinach in a greased 9x13 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over top of the spinach.
- Beat the eggs with onion powder, then pour over top, lightly stirring to mix it in fully.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until fully cooked.