I’ve got a super easy side item for you today! Zucchini’s very cheap in the summer but I still enjoy it year-round, and this roasted Parmesan zucchini is easy to make and goes great with almost any dinner!
First take 2-3 zucchini and slice them into rounds. Aldi is my favorite place to get them; in the summer a 3-pack goes down to $.69, but $1.69 in the off-season isn’t a bad price either.
Coat the zucchini in cornmeal. I saw this in another recipe one time and decided to try it. I never thought to use cornmeal in roasting my vegetables, but it gives the zucchini an interesting texture!
Place the zucchini flat on a greased baking sheet, and sprinkle Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper over them. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes until the zucchini is nice and soft.
I never thought I’d be a big fan of vegetables, but this zucchini is seriously delicious. I like to dip most of my roasted vegetables in Dijon mustard; I don’t know why, but it just tastes so good! You should try it sometime.
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dip the zucchini into the bowl of cornmeal, covering completely. Place the zucchini flat on a greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes until the zucchini is soft.
Jaime is a Nutrition Coach and professional writer. She enjoys cooking easy meals, running, and learning more about food.
Jaime specializes in helping women with ADHD learn to meal plan and cook healthier meals without getting overwhelmed.