We made this peanut butter cookie dough dip for the Superbowl party we went to a couple weeks ago. I found the original recipe here. Yes, it’s totally bad for you. Yes, it’s absolutely delicious. It’s smooth, creamy, filled with mini peanut butter cups and chocolate chips… it’s serious comfort food for me. Just a few steps and you have the perfect dessert!
First melt a stick of butter in a pot, then add a half cup of brown sugar and stir until it’s thoroughly mixed. Add in a teaspoon of vanilla extract, set the pot aside and let it cool to room temperature before you do the next steps.
Next, mix together peanut butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar for a few minutes, then add the cooled brown sugar mixture.
Fold in mini Reeses cups and chocolate chips! I used Ghiradelli dark chocolate chips, and it was amazing. Next time I need to crush the Reeses cups before adding them, because they were just huge chunks.
Pour into a serving bowl or container and put in the fridge to let it harden just a little. Serve with pretzels, graham crackers, Teddy Grahams… the possibilities are endless! I even ate it with a spoon.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 8-10 miniature Reeses peanut butter cups, slightly crushed
- In a small pot, melt the butter and add the brown sugar, stirring until combined. Take the pot off the heat, add the vanilla extract, and let it cool to room temperature.
- Beat the cream cheese with the peanut butter and powdered sugar until fully creamed. Add in the brown sugar mixture.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and Reeses cups, and refrigerate until ready to use.