Who else here is huge into the Instant Pot craze?
When I first got mine for Christmas, I’ll admit I was pretty apprehensive. I mean, it’s a pressure cooker- won’t it explode? But one day I got brave and cooked some dried black beans… and I haven’t looked back.
Since then, I’ve experimented with many different recipes. To be honest, most foods in there I can easily make in the slow cooker or stove because it doesn’t take that much longer. But some foods are perfect for the Instant Pot: Like hard-boiled eggs.
When I found the 5-5-5 method for making hard boiled eggs, my life was changed.
What is the 5-5-5 method for eggs?
The 5-5-5 method is super easy:
- Cook eggs for 5 minutes
- Let the Instant Pot release for 5 minutes
- Cool the eggs in ice water for 5 minutes
And after that, you’ve got eggs that peel in almost one piece. No more crumbly mess, no more weird-looking eggs from sticking shells.
How many eggs can you hard boil in the Instant Pot?
I put 12 at a time in my Instant Pot. And I don’t even have the little egg insert- I just put the eggs right on the trivet and add 1 1/2 cups of water. Never had a problem, and the eggs come out perfect every time.
How long do hard boiled eggs last?
Once you peel all your eggs, put them in a food-safe container. I like to put a wet paper towel in there to keep them from drying out. But after that, they should stay fresh up to a week. That means 6 days of yummy snacks for you!
What’s your favorite method of hard-boiling eggs? Leave a comment and let me know!
- 12 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups water
- In an Instant Pot, pour in the water. Lay the trivet on top and place the eggs in a single layer.
- Close the lid, set the knob to "Sealing", then cook on manual pressure for 5 minutes. It'll take about 10 minutes to come to pressure.
- After the timer goes off, wait 5 minutes before carefully turning the knob to "Venting". Once the small knob goes down to release all the pressure, remove the lid and place the eggs in a bowl full of ice water. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the water and peel before placing in an airtight container. They'll stay fresh for up to a week.