Need a fast, easy weeknight dinner? These Instant Pot Chicken Thighs are ready to eat in less than 30 minutes!
I have a small confession.
In all the years I’ve been alive, I don’t think I’ve ever bought any cut of chicken besides boneless chicken breasts. I have no idea why, but it always seemed like the right thing to buy. Even at the regular price of $1.88/lb.
But recently, bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs were on sale for $.79/lb so I decided on a whim to try them. Normally I hate dealing with chicken bones because I always have a fear of biting down on one; and I’ve always thought that the skin on chicken is bad for you because of the fat.
But saving over a dollar per pound on chicken? I’m willing to try! And as another first, I wanted to cook them in my Instant Pot to see how they turned out.
With Allison heading back to Kindergarten and me going back to work part-time, I need some fast dinners. And I’m trying to get over my nervousness of the Instant Pot, so this was a good start.
All I did was pour water into the bottom, then place the little rack on top with 5 chicken thighs. I added salt and pepper and set it to cook for just 10 minutes, giving it a 10 minute natural release before releasing the rest of the pressure manually.
But just 10 minutes! And the chicken was SO tender, it was super easy to pull off the bone. We ate the chicken with a side of quinoa and roasted broccoli; and I pulled the rest of the chicken off the bones to eat in salad or burritos.
Instant Pot Chicken Thighs = Great success!
If you’re looking for a quick way to cook chicken, the Instant Pot is the way to go. Now I’m excited to try more to share with you!
What are your favorite seasonings to add to chicken? Leave a comment and give me ideas!
Easy Instant Pot Chicken Thighs
Looking for an easy and fast weeknight dinner? Try these Instant Pot Chicken Thighs! Done in 10 minutes and are full of flavor!
- 5-6 raw chicken thighs (Can be bone-in or boneless)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pour water into the bottom of your Instant Pot and place the rack on top.
- Set the chicken thighs on top of the rack and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot, turn the knob to Sealing, and set to cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. (The Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to warm up)
- After the 10 minutes have passed, let the Instant Pot release naturally for 10 minutes, then carefully turn the knob to Venting to release the rest of the pressure.
- Serve with desired sides or shred to serve in salads or burritos.