Looking for a sweet breakfast for the Summer? These Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats are creamy, sweet, and easy to make!
Are you looking for an easy breakfast that you can just pull out the fridge on busy mornings? Something sweet to satisfy your craving?
Overnight oats are super fun to make and especially good in Summer, when it’s so hot you really don’t want to eat a hot breakfast. You mix together the ingredients and the next morning you’ll have creamy overnight oats!
These Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats are made with simple ingredients and are sweet, high in protein, with a little bite thanks to the chocolate chips. Make up a few of these at a time so you can eat them all week long!
Scroll down to the bottom of the post to get to the recipe card. Or keep reading for extra tips and tricks!
Is this even healthy?
Are you thinking that because of the chocolate chips? Yes, friend, I consider this a healthy breakfast!
It’s all about your priorities. Chocolate chips give this a slight crunchy texture and extra sweetness, and is still made nutritious with the power of oats and Greek yogurt.
Dark chocolate chips can be heart-healthy too, when eaten in moderation!
What kind of oats are best?
For me, rolled oats are a great option. It gives the oatmeal a creamy texture and just works better.
Quick oats would work too, but they may be a bit mushier. And steel cut oats need more liquid and more soaking time.
- Rolled oats (Also called old fashioned oats)
- Greek yogurt
- Chia seeds
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips (Use dairy-free chocolate chips if needed)
- Maple syrup
- Milk: Use dairy milk or your favorite dairy-free milk like almond milk, cashew milk, oat milk, coconut milk, and soy milk.
- Yogurt: Use non-dairy yogurt if you need to!
- Healthy fats: Add peanut butter, almond butter, or cashew butter, or flax seed if you want to replace the chia seeds.
- Protein powder: Vanilla or chocolate protein powder would taste great in this!
- Cocoa powder: For an extra chocolate taste!
How to make
In a small Mason jar, combine all of the ingredients. Place the lid on top and place in the fridge overnight, or at least 4 hours.
The next day, remove the lid and stir again, and enjoy with your favorite toppings.
How to store
More Overnight Oatmeal Recipes
Looking for more oatmeal recipes to brighten up your morning? Check out my Master Post for my favorite recipe ideas! There are many different combinations using the same base recipe.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- In a Mason jar, combine all of the ingredients. Place the lid on top and place in the fridge overnight, or at least 4 hours.
- Remove the lid and stir again, and enjoy with your favorite toppings.