Need some breakfast ideas that use blueberries? Here’s a roundup of some of the BEST breakfast recipes using this Summer fruit!
Did you know that July is National Blueberry Month?
It’s perfect, because blueberries are in-season during the Summer months. That means they’re cheaper and much more delicious- and I want to use them in everything.
I especially love adding them to breakfast recipes because they give me an extra nutrition boost in the morning. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day for me, and I want to make sure I feel my best! And I also have a sweet tooth, so having a sweet breakfast really hits the spot.
I’ve rounded up some of my top favorite delicious recipes that use blueberries. You can use either frozen blueberries or fresh blueberries- I use both in all of these.
Click on the name of each recipe to get to the post and recipe card. Save and print the ones you like!
Tips and Things to Remember
- You can use fresh berries or frozen! Frozen berries are cheaper in the non-Summer months and are still just as nutritious. You’ll get sweet blueberries either way, and you can find both at pretty much any grocery store.
- For the baked items, make sure they cool to room temperature before putting them in the fridge or freezer. Use an airtight container to keep them fresh longer!
- To freeze the baked goods, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place them in a single layer, not touching. Then you can place them in a freezer bag for later.
- I tried to use a lot of wholesome ingredients. So if you’re more into healthy eating, these should be perfect for you.
- You can substitute regular milk for any of the recipes that call for milk!
Helpful Tools and Kitchen Equipment
- Assorted mixing bowls– a small bowl, medium bowl, and large bowl
- A stand mixer with a paddle attachment- good for the baked oatmeal recipes!
- A sturdy whisk
- 8×8 casserole dish
- Muffin tins
- Other utensils like a wooden spoon and rubber spatula, for stirring
- Reusable freezer bags, if you plan to freeze some of these
Blueberry Breakfast Recipes
This Blueberry French Toast Casserole is the perfect comfort breakfast! It’s sweet, soft, and a family favorite!
This casserole is lightly sweetened, which means you can add a drizzle of maple syrup to top it off perfectly. The top is golden brown but the inside is super soft and fluffy. The whole family loved this one!
It can also be used as an overnight breakfast casserole, making it ahead of time and storing it in the fridge to use the next morning. Wrap it in plastic wrap overnight, then remove and bake like normal.
Need a high protein breakfast to get through your morning? This Blueberry Protein Shake is sweet, filling, and easy to make!
For you smoothie lovers, you NEED to try this one. The addition of Greek yogurt and protein powder gives you a huge kick of muscle-building protein to keep you full and energized!
Need an easy breakfast or snack idea? These Banana Blueberry Muffins are super soft and fluffy, and full of delicious fruit!
Muffins are sort of my weakness, and I make them a couple times a month! These are especially good topped with some peanut butter or almond butter, with my morning coffee.
And if you’re wanting a change, add some lemon zest for an incredible flavor!
These Blueberry Overnight Oats taste just like a blueberry pie! This healthy recipe is meal prep friendly and portable for Summer mornings!
Overnight oats are super customizable! I used almond milk here, but you can use other types like whole milk, soy milk, or even oat milk.
This Blueberry Oatmeal Smoothie tastes just like a blueberry pie! Make this as a cool treat during a hot Summer day!
This smoothie is made with similar ingredients as the one above. This one includes oats, which are heart-healthy whole grains that blend right into the smoothie!
I also added ground flax seeds, which are full of Omega-3 fats that fill you up longer.
Need an easy meal prep breakfast? These Blueberry Oatmeal Cups are the healthy breakfast you need to fuel your day!
If you’ve never made baked oatmeal, you need to try this one! It’s a super simple recipe- just mix the dry ingredients, then the wet ingredients. Stir them together and pour into a pan or muffin tin and bake!
These cute breakfast cups are portable, so they’re perfect for taking to work on busy mornings. Make them on a Sunday morning or afternoon and have breakfast for the whole week!
Need an easy breakfast for the week? This Blueberry Baked Oatmeal is full of healthy ingredients to keep you full longer!
This is similar to the above recipe, but made in a casserole dish instead. I like to eat baked oatmeal in a bowl with a little bit of milk poured over top! It’s almost like a blueberry breakfast cake in texture and SO good.
Is cake a breakfast food? I suppose it is now!
Jaime is a Nutrition Coach and professional writer. She enjoys cooking easy meals, running, and learning more about food.
Jaime specializes in helping women with ADHD learn to meal plan and cook healthier meals without getting overwhelmed.