Some nights just call for a nice big bowl of tomato soup with grilled cheese! I’ve been using this recipe for basil tomato soup for a few years now and I can’t bring myself to try another! It’s so easy to make, with just a few ingredients and less than 30 minutes of cooking time; it’s perfect for a busy weeknight!
Start by pouring two cans of crushed tomatoes into a large pot.
Add a can of chicken broth, or two bouillon cubes with a cup and a half of water. Bring the pot to a boil and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
Turn the stove down to Low and add chopped basil, butter, and whipping cream. Mix thoroughly until the butter’s melted.
It’s so delicious! Even Allison loves it, and she doesn’t usually eat soup! This also tastes wonderful with some mozzarella cheese and croutons on top.
- 2 28-oz cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz can chicken broth
- 1 small package fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 stick butter
- Pour both cans of tomatoes and chicken broth in a large pot and heat to boil.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn down to Low and add the basil, butter, and whipping cream and stir until the butter is fully melted.
Jaime is a Nutrition Coach and professional writer. She enjoys cooking easy meals, running, and learning more about food.
Jaime specializes in helping women with ADHD learn to meal plan and cook healthier meals without getting overwhelmed.