I’ve been obsessed with using my air fryer for different things.
Especially in the Summer time, when sometimes it’s too hot to use the oven.
Popcorn chicken, Brussels sprouts…. air frying is one of my favorite ways to crisp up food.
One thing I recently learned was that you can actually roast FROZEN vegetables in an air fryer! And they don’t turn out soggy!
Frozen veggies are a great way to save money, especially if that produce isn’t in-season. And they’re just as nutritious as fresh vegetables!
This Air Fryer Broccoli recipe is a super easy recipe and just requires a few simple ingredients. It’s a healthy side dish that can be put together in minutes, perfect for busy weeknights!
Scroll to the bottom of this post to get to the recipe card. Or keep reading for extra tips and tricks!
This easy side dish only needs a few ingredients. Bonus points for me: I always keep these in the house!
Frozen broccoli florets- I prefer the frozen florets rather than the cuts. They’re a bit softer and more palatable.
Salt and black pepper
How to cook frozen broccoli in the air fryer
There are just a few simple steps to get this amazing broccoli:
In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, olive oil, salt and pepper, and garlic seasoning.
Pour the broccoli into the air fryer basket and arrange in a single layer.
Cook at 400 degrees F for 8 minutes, pulling out the basket to shake halfway through.
Continue cooking for another 3-5 minutes until broccoli reaches desired brownness.
Serve immediately with your favorite main dish.
How to store
Store any leftover broccoli in an airtight container and keep in the fridge. It’ll stay fresh for 3-5 days.
How to reheat
To retain its crunchy texture, the best way is heating it back up in the air fryer for 3-5 minutes. In a pinch you can use the microwave, but every time I do that I end up with mushy vegetables.
- Make sure your broccoli is frozen and not thawed! Keeping it frozen will give you crispy broccoli.
- You can add more broccoli in the air fryer, but you may need to adjust cooking time.
- Be sure to use oil! This is what gives the broccoli its amazing flavor when roasted.
- Your cooking time may vary depending on the brand of air fryer you use.
Other great seasonings
Want to add some extra flavor? I kept it simple, but you can use any combination of the following, or use your own favorite seasonings:
- Seasoned salt
- Everything bagel seasoning
- Onion powder
- Parmesan cheese (After cooking)
- Italian seasoning
- Flavor God Everything Seasoning (I love most seasonings from Flavor God!)
What to serve with this
Roasted broccoli is a perfect side dish for most main meals! Here’s where I use them most:
- Buddha bowls
- Pasta dishes
- Grilled chicken
- 12-ounce bag frozen broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, olive oil, salt and pepper, and garlic seasoning.
- Pour the broccoli into the air fryer basket and arrange in a single layer.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 8 minutes, pulling out the basket to shake halfway through.
- Continue cooking for another 3-5 minutes until broccoli reaches desired brownness.
- Serve immediately with your favorite main dish.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 82Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 223mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
Jaime is a Nutrition Coach and professional writer. She enjoys cooking easy meals, running, and learning more about food.
Jaime specializes in helping women with ADHD learn to meal plan and cook healthier meals without getting overwhelmed.