I have an announcement: I officially love Wal Mart Grocery Pickup!
Now, for the longest time I resisted online ordering. Everyone loves it so much because they save money and time, and they’re not tempted to impulse buy. But I always thought there was an upcharge on all the prices.
“Besides,” I told myself. “I don’t impulse buy. I always stay under budget.”
HAH. While I may stay under budget, I realized I was sorely wrong about myself. I buy so much stuff I don’t need, sometimes I don’t have enough left for the fresh produce I wanted.
So when my friend Kristen from Joyfully Thriving mentioned how Wal Mart was cheaper than Aldi in many ways, and gave me a promo code for online ordering, I thought I’d give it a try. And holy cow, I may never go back. Here are my findings:
Pros of Wal Mart Grocery Pickup
- Pickup is free as long as you spend $30.00. And there is no upcharge tacked onto items!
- Wal Mart’s prices are actually a little cheaper than Aldi on a few things, sometimes even the same price.
- Ordering is super easy- just add items to your cart through the week as you think of them.
- Once you check in on the day you pick up your groceries, the employees are quick in coming out and have your groceries already bagged (At least at my store).
- If they’re out of an item you ordered, they’ll offer a substitution. And if that item is more expensive than what you originally ordered, you get it at the lowered price!
Cons of Wal Mart Grocery Pickup
- You don’t get to look at the produce before you buy it. But my person did an excellent job finding the biggest and freshest produce.
- Some items are more expensive than what I buy at Aldi- namely produce, which can be 20-30 cents more.
- You miss out on any clearance deals- but if you’re trying to avoid impulse buying, this could be a good thing.
- Wal Mart tends not to run weekly sales, so if you shop here exclusively you’ll miss out on other great deals.
- Their meat is on the expensive side. I may need to buy meat elsewhere when it’s on sale.
Now, I’m not being paid to talk about Wal Mart Grocery Pickup. But overall, I highly recommend it as an easy alternative when you’re low on time. Seriously, the process took less than 10 minutes from the time I checked in on the app.
If you’re interested, you can sign up here and get a promo code for $10.00 off your first $50.00 purchase! (Disclaimer: I’ll also receive a $10.00 off coupon if you sign up) Here’s my huge grocery haul for the week:
Mr. Mac’s Grocery Outlet
Nature Valley granola bars, 15-pack: $4.25
2 packages Wellshire deli turkey: $1.00 each
Garrett Valley pork sausages: $1.00
2 packages Garrett Valley turkey snack sticks: $1.00 each
Pretzilla pretzel buns: $1.25
Duncan Hines mug treats: $1.25. Using this on Allison’s birthday as a small treat!
Sour Patch Kids Gogurt, 32-pack: $3.00. Stuck this in the freezer!
Wal Mart (Grocery Pickup)
2 boxes Banquet Brown and Serve sausage links: $1.08 each. I ordered the plain but got the Maple as a substitution.
Brownberry whole wheat hamburger buns: $.87. I ordered the Great Value brand but got these as a substitution for the same price!
Grapes, 2.47 pounds: $2.76
Great Value thin wheat crackers: $.98
3 containers strawberries: $1.98 each
Classic chocolate chip cookies: $2.50
Great Value French Vanilla K-Cups, 12-count: $3.92
Sour cream: $1.00
Dijon mustard: $.88
Sweet mini peppers: $2.98
Great Value vanilla Greek yogurt, 4-pack: $2.47
Great Value Orange Cream Greek Yogurt: $.64
Gala apples, 3-pound bag: $1.98
Lance peanut butter sandwich crackers: $2.50
String cheese: $2.84
Great Value whole wheat bread: $1.48
Sliced mozzarella: $1.84
Sliced Colby/Monterey Jack: $1.84
Hot salsa: $1.33
Red bell pepper: $1.28
Dried black beans, 32-ounce bag: $2.46
2 cans jumbo biscuits: $1.06 each
Frigo Feta cheese crumbles: $2.54
Diced tomatoes: $.46
Monterey Jack cheese block: $1.74
4-pack cans of tuna: $2.22
2 gallons milk: $2.76 each
2 dozen eggs: $.88 each
Cottage cheese: $1.64
Great Value Honey Nut O’s: $1.23
Crazy Richard’s peanut butter: $2.66
Nature’s Bakery blueberry fig bars, 10-count: $4.46
Total: $69.16 after a $10.00 promo code! Click here to sign up for Wal Mart Grocery Pickup and we’ll both receive a code for $10.00 off your first $50.00 purchase!
Weekly Total: $83.91
Lunch is always leftovers. Items marked with an asterisk (*) were purchased in previous weeks.
Small group- Making the kids’ dinner: Pancakes, biscuits, sausage links, strawberries, cookies
BBQ chicken sandwiches* (Chicken in freezer), roasted broccoli
Stovetop Tuna Casserole
Pork chops* in the slow cooker, quinoa*, frozen veggies*
Fajita Bowl (Black beans, rice*, bell pepper, onion*, corn*, salsa, sour cream)
What’s on your menu this week? Share in the comments below!
Jaime is a Nutrition Coach and professional writer. She enjoys cooking easy meals, running, and learning more about food.
Jaime specializes in helping women with ADHD learn to meal plan and cook healthier meals without getting overwhelmed.