Make grab-and-go breakfasts easily with these Sweet Potato Meal Prep Breakfast Bowls! Full of vegetables and protein to keep you full!
Breakfast bowls, for me, are such an easy way to get all of my nutrition into one meal.
I need lots of protein to keep me full, plus some vegetables and fat. And bowls are basically just a bunch of ingredients thrown together, so it’s totally perfect.
A lot of you are super busy in the mornings, and have told me that breakfast is the hardest meal to plan AND make healthy. I know it’s easy to grab a donut or muffin or something, but what if you took 30 minutes and made these meal prep bowls?
What’s in these breakfast meal prep bowls?
Some of my favorite ingredients- Eggs and sweet potatoes are the stars, and a few different vegetables are added in for extra nutrition. I used bell peppers and mushrooms, but you’re welcome to use something different if you prefer. Zucchini is a good option, as well as butternut squash!
Vegetables, including sweet potatoes, contain plenty of fiber. Fiber helps keep you full, can help in weight loss, and can help lower cholesterol! Find more low cholesterol breakfast recipes in this post!
Is it okay to freeze and reheat scrambled eggs?
I actually get this question sometimes, and the answer is definitely! I’ve never had a problem with freezing or reheating eggs, especially in breakfast bowls. Sometimes I’ve seen a bit of extra liquid, but nothing extreme.
Are these easy to make?
Absolutely! The most time-consuming part is chopping 6 cups of sweet potatoes, plus the bell peppers. If you’re short on time, you can always by pre-chopped.
From there, you just cook the sweet potatoes on the stovetop to soften them, then add the vegetables, then the eggs. I’d say from start to finish, it’ll take 30-ish minutes. But considering you get breakfast for the whole week, that’s not too bad!
Want to see the other recipes in this series? Check out my 4 Weeks to Fill Your Freezer page!
Sweet Potato Breakfast Meal Prep Bowls
Make grab-and-go breakfasts easily with these Sweet Potato Meal Prep Breakfast Bowls! Full of vegetables and protein to keep you full! #mealprep #breakfast #freezermeal
- 6 cups cubed sweet potatoes (About 1.5 pounds)
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups bell peppers, diced (About 2 bell peppers)
- 6-oz container sliced white mushrooms
- 1/3 cup milk
- 6 eggs
- Pour olive oil into a large pan, then add the sweet potatoes, 2 teaspoons chili powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and cover, letting it cook for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sweet potatoes are soft. Divide into 6 containers and set aside.
- Add the mushrooms and bell peppers to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder. Add to the pan with the vegetables and cook until the eggs are fully cooked.
- Divide the mixture into the 6 containers. Cool completely before putting on the lid and placing in the fridge or freezer.
- Once frozen, these bowls will stay fresh up to 3 months.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 318Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 187mgSodium: 361mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 8gSugar: 16gProtein: 12g
The nutrition information is just an estimate and should not be used as medical advice.