We love easy dinners in this house. There’s nothing easier than throwing ingredients in the slow cooker and letting everything cook and smell delicious all day! This recipe for slow cooker salsa chicken was one of the first things I made after we got married, and it’s been on our regular rotation ever since!
First, place 1 pound of chicken breasts (frozen or thawed, either works) in the slow cooker, and sprinkle a packet of taco seasoning on top.
Mix 1 cup of salsa and 1 can of cream of chicken soup (I actually made my own using this recipe!) and pour on top of the chicken. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours until the chicken is fully cooked.
Shred the chicken and add it back to the slow cooker. I love using my Kitchen Aid mixer to shred chicken!
Add 1/2 cup of sour cream and mix thoroughly, and add it to whatever Mexican style dish you prefer. Tonight was taco salad!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the chicken.
- In a small bowl, stir together the salsa and cream of chicken soup, and pour over the chicken. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred, then place back in the slow cooker.
- Add 1/2 cup sour cream and stir.