Dinner doesn’t have to be complicated! This Knorr Cheddar Broccoli Tuna Rice only needs 4 ingredients and less than 30 minutes!
It’s almost dinner time, and you realize you didn’t get anything out the night before. What are you going to make? Are you stuck going to the drive-thru?
This is one reason why I keep my pantry stocked with easy items. Things like this happen a LOT, where I suddenly realize I don’t have enough leftovers to eat for dinner and I have to throw something together.
With just a few simple ingredients, you can have this Knorr Tuna Broccoli Cheddar Rice on the table in less than 30 minutes! Take advantage of the quick-cooking packet and a few other pantry ingredients, and this easy dinner is taken care of.
Scroll to the bottom of the post to get to the printable recipe card. Or keep reading for step-by-step instructions and more tips!
- Knorr Cheddar Broccoli Rice packet
- Canned tuna
- Frozen broccoli florets
- Milk (For the rice packet)
- Meat: If you have extra time, you can cook boneless skinless chicken breast or chicken thighs instead of canned tuna!
- Veggies: Use fresh broccoli instead of frozen
- Salt and black pepper: I definitely needed to add some
- Cheese: Add some shredded cheddar cheese on top!
- Other spices: Garlic powder, onion powder
Why use a Knorr packet?
Honestly, you could make your own rice and add your own spices. But sometimes I just need easy meals. ADHD tends to make the thinking process much harder, and meals that don’t require much thinking are my jam.
I like the Knorr rice sides because there are a ton of different flavors, and you can use them as part of the main dish instead of just a side dish. You can find them in most grocery stores and a lot of times they’re on sale.
Knorr claims the following on their products:
- No artificial flavors
- No artificial preservatives
- No added MSG
How to make
In a medium pot, add the water and milk called for on the Knorr packet (Typically 1 1/2 cups water and 1/2 cup milk) and bring to a boil on high heat.
Add the Knorr rice packet and stir, then cover and turn down to low heat. Cook for about 7 minutes until the rice is fully cooked, stirring occasionally.
In the meantime, heat both bags of broccoli in the microwave according to the instructions.
Add the cooked broccoli and canned tuna to the pot, mixing and cooking for 1-2 minutes to heat the tuna.
Divide into 3 bowls and serve with your favorite sides.
How to store
Once this has cooled to room temperature, store in an airtight container in the fridge. Use up within 3-5 days.
What to serve with this
This is a pretty good dinner by itself, because you have a good combination of protein, fat, and carbs. But if you want a little extra something, serve with some garlic bread or even a green salad.
Other Knorr meal ideas
Do you like the Knorr packets and want some more ideas for them? Check out my Master Post for new recipes!
This easy recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight! Print it now and use it in your next meal plan:
- 1 packet Knorr Broccoli Cheddar Rice
- 2 cans tuna
- 2 12-ounce bags frozen broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- In a medium pot, add the water and milk called for on the Knorr packet (Typically 1 1/2 cups water and 1/2 cup milk) and bring to a boil on high heat.
- Add the Knorr rice packet and stir, then cover and turn down to low heat. Cook for about 7 minutes until the rice is fully cooked, stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, heat both bags of broccoli in the microwave according to the instructions.
- Add the cooked broccoli and canned tuna to the pot, mixing and cooking for 1-2 minutes to heat the tuna.
- Divide into 3 bowls and serve with your favorite sides.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 390mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 8gSugar: 6gProtein: 26g