This six-ingredient ravioli bake is a make-ahead freezer meal that’s full of cheese and spaghetti sauce! A great meal prep dinner for a cold day!
Pasta is kind of a staple in the Bacon household.
Even Allison secretly likes pasta… sometimes.
And what’s not to love about pasta? It’s super cheap, it’s filling, and you can do so much with it. Spaghetti sauce, Alfredo sauce, cheese sauce, taco sauce… seriously, it’s hard to get bored of pasta here.
Ravioli, though, seems to be a specialty food here. I just don’t buy it very often- but when I do, it’s amazing. And this Freezer Ravioli Bake just made my life easier.
It only has 6 ingredients, and nothing super fancy. You just mix it all together and stick it in the freezer!
I think the best part for me is that while this recipe only uses one pound of ravioli, I ended up buying the 3-pound family bag at Wal Mart. This means I can get another meal or two out of this bag. Hurray for saving money!
Can you use homemade spaghetti sauce in this Ravioli Bake?
Absolutely! One standard jar of spaghetti sauce equals about 3 cups of homemade sauce. If you make a big batch of spaghetti sauce (Like my slow cooker recipe), you’ll likely have a ton left over and this would be an awesome way to use up the rest of it!
Can you use frozen spinach instead?
I used about 3 cups of fresh spinach, but a bag of frozen would work just fine. Just thaw it out a tiny bit so you can break it up and mix it in with the other ingredients.
What can you serve with this ravioli?
This dish would be well-rounded with a side salad or frozen vegetables, like broccoli. Homemade bread would go great as well!
Looking for more freezer meal ideas? Check out the other recipes in my 25 Days of Freezer Meals series!
- 1 15-oz container ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 pound frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 26-oz jar spaghetti sauce
- In a large bowl, add the ricotta, garlic, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, and spinach, then stir to combine.
- Add the ravioli and spaghetti sauce and gently mix.
- Add to a 9x13 foil casserole dish and smooth flat. Sprinkle the other cup of shredded mozzarella on top, then cover with aluminum foil and label with the baking instructions. Place flat in the freezer.
- When ready to bake, thaw overnight in the fridge and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
Jaime is a Nutrition Coach and professional writer. She enjoys cooking easy meals, running, and learning more about food.
Jaime specializes in helping women with ADHD learn to meal plan and cook healthier meals without getting overwhelmed.