Are you guys ready for an amazingly easy dinner that only takes a few minutes of prep and feeds a ton of people? I found this recipe for chicken parmesan casserole and fell in love with it! I love chicken parmesan, but I didn’t like the idea of spending time breading the chicken and doing other complicated things. Can you believe it’s just as simple as sprinkling croutons over your mixture? It gives that crunchy texture that I love about chicken parmesan, but almost half the work! I tweaked the recipe based on what I had on hand.
Start off by greasing a 9×13 glass casserole dish, and spread out the chicken chunks and sprinkle the garlic on top. The original recipe calls for something like 6 chicken breasts, but I only used 1 large one. I think it was close to 2 pounds.
Next, pour a jar of spaghetti sauce over the chicken.
Top with half of the mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
Sprinkle the croutons over the cheeses, then top with the rest of the cheese. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
I cooked some spaghetti to go with it! This is one of my favorite recipes now, and is so easy to make. It’s cheesy, and still has the slight crunch of the croutons. I highly recommend it!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese
- 5-oz bag croutons, slightly crushed
- Spread oil over a 9x13 casserole dish and spread out chicken and garlic.
- Pour the jar of spaghetti sauce over the chicken.
- Top with half the mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Pour the slightly crushed croutons over the cheese, then top with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked and the cheese is melted.
Jaime is a Nutrition Coach and professional writer. She enjoys cooking easy meals, running, and learning more about food.
Jaime specializes in helping women with ADHD learn to meal plan and cook healthier meals without getting overwhelmed.