Today’s May 1st and it’s the start of a new great month! This month’s theme is Birthdays because as you can see below, there are two awesome people that have a birthday this month. Look forward to a new post each Friday during the month of May where I share anything and everything birthday related!
My husband and I share the month of May as our birth month! His is on the 4th and mine’s on the 22nd. We’ve been together almost 12 years now so we’ve had our share of celebrating together! I’ve also noticed a few good and not-so-great things about sharing the same birth month, so I decided to share them with you in case you have the same problem and can relate!
Pros of having the same birth month:
- It’s easy to remember when the other’s birthday is!
- Birthday cake twice in one month! Can’t get any better than that. Oh wait, yes it can.
- Eating out for a birthday dinner twice in one month! Yep, that’s even better.
- We can renew our car registration at the same time so there’s no excuse in forgetting.
- Double the opportunities for freebies at restaurants!
- Double the love from family! Not that they don’t love us every other month too, but it’s nice to talk to and visit family multiple times in a month!
Cons of having the same birth month:
- We renew our car registration at the same time. And our driver’s license every 4 years. That means a lot of money comes out of the account at the same time, ouch.
- We also spend more money this month eating out.
- And get fat from birthday cake.
- There’s twice the amount of thinking involved in planning dinner/gifts. It doesn’t seem like a big deal, but with a toddler in the house? There’s no time for thinking!
- Our birthdays aren’t spaced out, which means we have to wait longer for the next holiday/birthday to celebrate!
- This one relates to the kids in the family. We have FOUR children with birthdays in October! Allison and my 2 nephews and 1 niece. We need to save in advance to make sure we have money for gifts!
Do you share your birth month with someone in your family? What are some pros/cons? Share with us below!
Jaime is a Nutrition Coach and professional writer. She enjoys cooking easy meals, running, and learning more about food.
Jaime specializes in helping women with ADHD learn to meal plan and cook healthier meals without getting overwhelmed.