I never knew you could make cake or bread in a slow cooker. One time I made pumpkin bread. Pumpkin bread. And it turned out delicious. I’ve made this slow cooker chocolate lava cake before, and knew I had to make it again soon. It uses cake mix and pudding mix, which is cheap and easy to work with, and makes a lot, which is great for potlucks and parties.
All you need is a box of devil’s food cake mix, chocolate pudding mix, eggs, chocolate chips, oil, water, and milk (for the pudding).
In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, eggs, water, and oil, stirring until well-combined. Pour the mixture into a greased slow cooker.
Next, mix together the pudding mix with the milk.
Pour the pudding mixture over the cake batter and sprinkle the top with chocolate chips. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours until the cake is completely cooked. Scoop into bowls and serve with ice cream, of course!
SO good. It’s amazing right out of the slow cooker, but I ate the leftovers cold because I love cold cake. Enjoy!
- 1 box devil's food cake mix
- 1 3.9-ounce package chocolate pudding mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, eggs, water, and oil until fully mixed. Pour into a greased slow cooker.
- Mix together the pudding mix and milk until well-combined, then pour over the cake mix.
- Sprinkle the top with chocolate chips, then cover and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours until the cake is fully cooked.
- Serve with ice cream and enjoy!
Jaime is a Nutrition Coach and professional writer. She enjoys cooking easy meals, running, and learning more about food.
Jaime specializes in helping women with ADHD learn to meal plan and cook healthier meals without getting overwhelmed.