Today’s recipe I thought was super genius! Meal kits are unique and easy ways to put a full meal in the freezer, and they don’t take long to assemble.
You can do this with a few different meals: Sandwiches, pizzas… all the ingredients are right there, so dinner only takes minutes!
Today I decided to try Cheeseburger Wraps- something easy, yet unique and super good! It only requires a few ingredients and took me maybe 15 minutes to prepare everything.
What kind of meat can you use?
Honestly, I bought ground chicken because it was cheapest. But ground turkey or ground beef would work well. For the full “cheeseburger effect”, ground beef is probably best!
How do you freeze the freezer meal kit?
It’s pretty genius. After you cook the meat mixture and let it cool, start by putting 5 tortillas in a gallon-sized freezer bag. Put 5 slices of cheese in a small sandwich bag and place that right inside with the tortillas. Then put the meat inside a quart-sized freezer bag, squeeze the air out, and seal the bag and slide it in the large bag. That’s it!
What are some substitutions you can make?
Oh man, you can do so many things with these wraps.
- Use different cheeses: American/cheddar is standard for cheeseburgers, but I actually used provolone because I needed to use up some cheese.
- Use different meats: As stated above, you can use ground beef, ground turkey, or even ground chicken.
- Use more or less condiments: My recipe calls for a tablespoon of ketchup, but you can add more to the meat mixture if you want.
- Use different wraps: I used whole wheat tortillas, but you could use standard flour or even low-carb.
Want to see the other recipes in this series? Check out my 4 Weeks to Fill Your Freezer page!
- 1 pound ground meat (Beef, turkey, or chicken)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 5 slices cheese (American, provolone, etc.)
- 5 whole wheat tortillas
- Additional cheeseburger toppings for day of eating (Extra ketchup/mustard, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles)
- Cook the ground meat in a large skillet. Drain and add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, Parmesan cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and combine. Let cool about 30 minutes.
- In a gallon-sized freezer bag, lay the tortillas flat. Place the sliced cheese in a sandwich bag, seal, and place inside the larger bag. Place the meat mixture inside a quart-sized freezer bag, squeeze the air out, then seal and place inside the large bag.
- Lay flat in the freezer. When ready to eat, thaw in the fridge overnight.
- Place one slice of cheese on the tortilla, then about a half cup of the meat mixture. Top with favorite cheeseburger toppings.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 304Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 733mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 3gSugar: 1.5gProtein: 24g
Nutrition info is an estimate and should not be regarded as medical advice.
Jaime is a Nutrition Coach and professional writer. She enjoys cooking easy meals, running, and learning more about food.
Jaime specializes in helping women with ADHD learn to meal plan and cook healthier meals without getting overwhelmed.