I was very shocked when Kara from Chasing Zoie nominated me for a Liebster Award! Bloggers who are just starting out and have less than 200 followers can be nominated for a Liebster Award for sharing great content and who are working hard at growing their blog. To think that there are people out there who think highly of me is just unbelievable, and I’m so honored to be part of this!
Here are the questions I was given:
1. How did you decide on the name of your blog and what did it come from? I actually started a free Blogger blog right around this time last year with the same name. I had decided to try and lose weight and wanted to create the blog to document my progress and encourage/get encouragement, as well as post money saving tips. No Getting Off This Train is a partial quote from a character from one of my favorite games, Final Fantasy VII. He’s talking about the mission they’re on to save the world, and he says, “There ain’t no getting off this train we’re on”. It really fits with my life right now; I jumped straight into motherhood when Allison was born and it’s been a whirlwind ever since; and there’s no getting off this motherhood train!
2. Where does your blogging inspiration come from? Mostly my every day life and experiences! I’m always looking for new ways to save money or new recipes to try, and I just have to share it here with everyone.
3. What is it that you love most about blogging? I love having an outlet to share my money saving tips and grocery trips. Grocery shopping is a game to me, to see how much I can get for my money, and I love being able to share that with everyone in hopes that it inspires them to save even more as well!
4. What is your favorite food? Anything Mexican-inspired. The spicier, the better!
5. What is your favorite thing to drink (alcoholic or not)? Frozen coffee drinks, most definitely. They are my weakness.
6. What is an item you cannot live without? Sad to say, it’s my phone. I use it for music throughout the day, I look up recipes constantly, and I feel like I need it with me at all times in case I miss something. My phone broke back in February and I had to wait like 4 days to get a new Smartphone. I seriously thought I was going to go crazy.
7. What are 11 random facts about yourself? I actually made a blog post about this during my unfinished blog a day challenge, but to add an 11th fact… I feel like I have to have dessert every day to make my day complete. I’m working on this on my journey to get fit, though!
8. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? This may change, but right now I’d have to say Florida. We went there last year for a week and I loved it! I love how the temperature was still fairly warm, even in February.
9. If you could meet anyone from history, alive or dead, who would it be? Maybe the person who created coffee and thank him/her profusely?
10. What’s your favorite outdoor activity? Right now it’s going for walks through the neighborhood, and taking Allison to the park. I’m not really a huge outdoor person!
11. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Hopefully still maintaining this blog! Allison will be school age by then and I hope to be able to homeschool her.
Again, I want to thank everyone for believing in me as I continue this blogging journey! And thank you again Kara for caring so much to nominate me! I nominate the following people for the Liebster Award:
- Julie from Julie Green and Keen. She has an amazing blog about vegetarian living, and lots of great recipes!
- Christina from This Sweet Bliss. She’s an amazing mom who will inspire and encourage you in your motherhood!
Here are the instructions for the nominees:
- Answer the eleven questions given to you by the person that nominated you (The ones above, please!).
- In your post, link back to the person/blog who nominated you and give a little thank you, shout out.
- After completing the questions, nominate bloggers with under 200 followers on the social media platform of your choice (I used Facebook), and give them eleven questions of your choice.
- Notify your nominees of their nomination, and provide a link to your post so that they know what to do.
Julie and Christina, if you could post your nomination post in the comments below when you’re ready, that’d be awesome! I’d love to read them!