I had amazingly good luck and horribly bad luck this week.
The good: I’m using up the last ham in the freezer, so I had extra money to play around with, plus some overage from last week. I rocked the sales with coupons and Ibotta and stocked up on a lot of stuff. If you’re on my mailing list (And if not, you’re missing out! Sign up here!), you’ve already seen my Kroger haul and already know how to do it!
The bad: For the second week in a row, Meijer was completely out of frozen vegetables due to a sale. So my freezer still has no frozen veggies, and I still have a huge overage because of it. Like $30.00.
Really, it could have been worse. Since there’s no sale on frozen veggies at Meijer this week, I’ll probably spend that extra money at Sam’s, because their Instant Savings event starts Wednesday. Or save some of it for more fresh vegetables so I know we’re getting at least some nutrition in us! I just love the convenience of frozen because I can throw them in the microwave while I work on the rest of dinner. Here’s what I bought and how I’m using ham in most of my meals this week:
Entenmann’s Bakery Outlet
Mini bagels: $.50
Brownberry wheat bread: $.50
Sara Lee Artesano loaf: $1.00
Eggo Waffles: Free with a coupon I received in the mail
Ground sausage: Free with a coupon I received in the mail
Green Giant steamers: Free with a coupon I received in the mail
Ranch dressing: Free with a coupon I received in the mail
Kroger instant oatmeal: $1.49
- Used $.50/1 Kroger digital coupon
- Final Cost: $.99
2 Horizon Good and Go snack packs: $1.99 each
- Used $1.00/1 Kroger digital coupon, plus a $1.00/1 coupon I got at the register
- Final Cost: $.99 each, plus received $2.00 back in Ibotta rebates!
3 Enjoy Life Boom Choco Boom chocolate bars: $1.50 each
- Used $4.00/3 Kroger digital coupon
- Final Cost: $.50 for all 3, plus received $3.00 back in Ibotta rebates!
2 boxes Ortega Good Grains taco shells: $1.09 each
- Used $1.00/2 Kroger digital coupon
- Final Cost: $.59 each, plus received $1.50 back in Ibotta rebates!
Torani chocolate syrup: $4.99. This stuff is amazing in my iced coffees!
- Used $1.00/1 coupon from newspaper
- Final Cost: $3.99
Total: $8.64, plus a total of $8.50 back in Ibotta rebates!
Fresh green beans: $1.59
2 bags red grapes: $2.59 each
Romaine hearts: $1.99
Sweet potatoes: $1.79
3 cups yogurt: $.33 each
Pineapple chunks: $.89
Cream cheese: $1.49
Cottage cheese: $1.79
Soy sauce: $1.49
Sriracha sauce: $1.99
Bulgar: $.99, on clearance. Never tried it, but I’ve been looking for something different!
Rice cakes: $1.49
Irish Spring bar soap: $2.29
2 bottles Crest Kids toothpaste: $2.59 each
- Were Buy One, Get One 50% off
- Used $1.00/1 printable coupon
- Final Cost: $1.44 each, plus received $1.00 back in Ibotta rebates!
4 bottles Colgate toothpaste: $1.00 each
- Used $.50/1 mPerks coupon, $.50/1 coupon from newspaper, and $.50/1 printable coupon
- Final Cost: $2.50 for all, plus $.25 back in Ibotta rebates!
Bigelow tea: $2.69
- Used $.50/1 coupon I received in the mail
- Final Cost: $2.19, plus $.75 back in Ibotta rebates!
Tazo tea: $2.99
- Used $1.00/1 coupon that printed from the register
- Final Cost: $1.99
Larabars: Free with an mPerks coupon
- Used $.50/1 mPerks coupon
- Final Cost: $.50
3 cans Old El Paso refried beans: $1.00 each
- Used $1.00/3 mPerks coupon
- Final Cost: $.67 each
3 jars Meijer salsa: $1.00 each, got one free from the 10 for $10 sale
- Used $1.00/1 coupon from the register
- Final Cost: Free
Walden Farms chocolate syrup: $1.74, on clearance. I’ve heard good things about this and wanted to try it!
Total: $20.13 plus $2.00 back in Ibotta rebates, $5.00 in mPerks rewards, and a $10.00 coupon for my next order from buying shoes (Not pictured above or in grocery budget)
Weekly Total: $66.62
Lunch is always leftovers. Items marked with an asterisk (*) were purchased in previous weeks.
Frozen chicken nuggets*, frozen peas*, grapes
Spiral ham*, roasted sweet potatoes, green beans, bread
Creamy ham pasta, grapes
Ham salad (ham, shredded cheese*, cucumber, shredded carrots, tomatoes), toast, grapes
Ham sandwiches, sweet potato fries
English muffins* with frozen sausage patties*
English muffins* with peanut butter* and banana, cottage cheese
Carrot muffins, strawberries, carrot sticks, crackers*, hummus, string cheese*. I’m branching out and trying some new things to get Allison to try and like new foods!