During the month of February I want to focus a little on the love aspect of the month. Sometimes we take our spouse for granted and just don’t appreciate the big and little things he or she does. Since it’s a leap year, I came up with 29 ways to show love to your spouse. For the sake of space, I just use the “he” pronoun but this can easily be reversed for your wife! I know a lot of these are stereotypical housewife cliches, but I’ve done every single one of them and these are things I know John appreciates! Take some time this month to show your spouse how much you love him/her.
1. Give him a kiss as soon as he walks in the door.
2. Send him little text messages throughout the day.
3. Bake cookies/treats.
4. Hold his hand as often as you can.
5. Rub his back. (Hey, I was a massage therapist, I’m used to it!)
6. Give him a day off from his daily chores.
7. Cook his favorite meal.
8. Tell him thank you for something he did recently.
9. Compliment something about his personality.
10. Pray for him.
11. Watch his favorite TV show with him- and at least act interested.
12. Plan a date night.
13. Initiate kisses.
14. Ask about his day.
15. Give him time to breathe after work. This is super hard if you have kids, and I know I can be bad about this too.
16. Send selfies to him throughout his work day.
17. Work on his hobby with him, if possible.
18. Give him time by himself to work on his hobby.
19. Compliment his appearance.
20. Clean the house. Bonus points if you can get the kids to do it for you! “Daddy loves a nice clean house, so let’s pick up the living room before he gets home!” Works with Allison, at least.
21. Do the dishes. In our house, John does the dishes every night so this really would be a break for him.
22. Let him sleep in on the weekends.
23. Have dinner ready (or almost ready) when he gets home. This will vary between families. I always had dinner waiting when John got home until he told me he’d rather come home and sit for a few minutes first, and then eat dinner.
24. Write down things you love about him on sticky notes and hide them around the house for him to find.
25. Say good things about him to other people.
26. Make a card for him- bonus points if you get the kids involved!
27. Get dressed up for no reason.
28. Make him a coupon book of things to redeem whenever he wants- back rub, his choice for dinner, etc.
29. TELL him you love him!
What would you add to this list?