Oh my goodness. I feel like today I was playing a game of “How much can I make Allison cry in the span of 15 minutes”. I have no idea what started it all; she slept in a little this morning and we had fun at the local children’s museum for over an hour. We got home and it all went downhill from there! I’ve seen some funny articles about this same topic, and just nodded my head in agreement with all of them. Let me just share with you my list of reasons my kid is crying. I promise you, all of this happened in just 15 minutes.
- I told her it was time to stop watching Youtube videos on my phone.
- I said it was almost time for lunch.
- I said I had to go to the bathroom before I made lunch.
- I told her we had no hummus for her crackers.
- She wanted to be held while I was preparing lunch, which involves using knives and other tools that require both hands.
- I put her down after a few minutes of trying lunch prep with one hand.
- I told her it’d be naptime after lunch, because she was tired and grumpy.
- I told her it was time to wash her hands.
- I said it was now time for lunch.
WOW, people. Lunchtime is so dramatic! Have you tried cutting up a block of cheese/maneuvering around the kitchen while a toddler’s screaming and clinging to your leg? I think my brain started playing elevator music to drown out the noise! I knew meltdowns would happen eventually in toddlerhood, but I guess I just didn’t realize how suddenly and unexpectedly they would happen! At least she went down for a nap without a fuss.
So, why was YOUR kid crying today?