Whoa, is October almost over already? This whole year has just flown by, it’s so crazy. I love October because of all the birthdays and the official Fall weather, but I look forward to November because of all the BIG SALES! Possibly starting this weekend but definitely next weekend, stores will transition out of Halloween ads and start putting out sales for holiday items. I have a list of what typically goes on sale in November, and I highly suggest stocking up as much as you can while the prices are at their lowest. I, for one, plan on buying enough canned pumpkin to last us a few months! Take a look at the items below and start making lists of what you want to fill up your pantry.
- Turkey- The best time to buy a turkey is when you can get a big discount for spending more money in a store. For example, Meijer will have turkeys on sale for about 50 cents a pound when you spend an extra $20.00 in-store. It sounds like a lot, but if you’re doing your shopping there anyway, it’s a great deal! Alternatively, I’ve seen turkeys at Kroger for 99 cents a pound when you spend $10.00.
- Stuffing– It’s already at Aldi for $.89, but Stovetop usually goes on sale for $.99, and last year I saw the Betty Crocker brand at Wal Mart for $.77.
- Instant mashed potatoes- I usually see these on sale for $1.00.
- Cranberry sauce- The lowest I’ve seen cranberry sauce is $.99.
- Jell-O- I’ve seen the little boxes go as low as $.50, but the average is $.60 and even up to $.70.
- Chicken broth- I’ve seen the cans go down to about $.50, but my little trick is to buy chicken bouillon cubes instead. I get a container at Aldi for $1.69, and there are 25 cubes in there, with one cube equaling one cup of broth. I find it to be much cheaper!
- Dinner rolls
- Canned vegetables- The average price is $.50, but one year I saw them at Meijer for $.25 a can. I’m still holding out in hopes this happens again!
- Flour- I’ve seen both flour and sugar go as low as $.99, both at Aldi and Meijer.
- Baking chips
- Canned pumpkin- Seriously, don’t buy canned pumpkin anywhere but Aldi if you have one around. Their cans are only $.89! The Libby’s brand at Meijer is $1.89 and I just can’t pay that, especially if I want to buy 4-5 cans at a time for yummy baked goods.
- Evaporated and condensed milk
- Cookie/cake mixes
- Butter- this might be a December item, but keep an eye out! Butter will start going on sale for about $1.99, maybe even less at Aldi. Butter freezes well, so don’t be afraid to buy a ton to use in the upcoming months!
- White potatoes- I’m pretty sure I saw 5 pound bags at Aldi for $.99!
- Sweet potatoes- 3 pound bags at Aldi go as low as $.69, or at Meijer for around $.29 a pound.
- Winter squash- spaghetti squash, butternut squash
Leftover Halloween items
This is more toward the beginning of November. In years past, I would head to the store bright and early on November 1st to hoard the 50% off Halloween candy! Decorations and other things will also be on sale, and you can always put them in storage to use next year.
Who else is excited to start stocking up??? If you think of anything else to add to this list, let me know in the comments!